I’ve drifted my whole life. I tried this, and I tried that, but nothing ever fitted or felt right…so I kept searching, and kept drifting. And while I drifted from idea, to dream, to country, to relationship, to clan, I would continually beat myself up for not belonging and not amounting to anything.
I consistently told myself I was worthless and nothing because I couldn’t find my place in the world; that I was wrong because I was a weird shaped peg that didn’t fit neatly in a perfectly square hole.
I cringe when I think of how many years I tortured myself for not fitting in, how cruel I was to myself trying to jam my head into those stupid boring square holes. I honestly believed if I could just force myself into one of life’s neat little boxes that everything would be perfect.
But what a waste of marvelousness and brilliance that would have been; and thankfully something inside me never gave up fighting against normality, beige and boxes.
And instead I let go of trying to fit in with the rest of the world.
I stopped listening to the judgement and opinion, and just started listening to my soul, my spirit, and me.
I literally loved the ‘hell’ out of myself, and to this day I continue to do so.
And because I love the hell out of myself I am now full of light; which means I am able to see inside of me, see what I’m capable of, see who I am, what makes me happy and what I can give to the world.
And it’s what I knew all along but was too ashamed to admit…
- I am different.
- I am a one of a kind.
- I am an artist.
- I am a customiser.
- I am here to help anyone and everyone celebrate their beautiful and amazing individuality.
- I am bursting with creative ideas; my brain is so full of them that they dribble out of my ears.
- I create fashion and trends, I don’t follow them.
- I have the remarkable ability to take an ordinary every day object and transform it into Technicolor.
- And that’s a gift.
- I can create you something so beautifully original, so uniquely funky, and so individually cool that you’ll walk down the street feeling like you’re invincible and on top of the world.
In fact you won’t walk down the street… you’ll strut.
My purpose in life is to help people let their personality shine, to assist them in displaying the quirkiness they hide away, and to celebrate themselves in technicolor.
– Saskia Lichtenstern